The purpose of the Orange Library Association (OLA) is to promote the 17 public libraries in Orange County, New York.
- Promote library service in Orange County.
- Encourage access to materials among all libraries in the county through cooperative library service.
- Promote local and national guidelines and best practices for library services.
- Educate the public about library services and funding concerns.
- Provide regular programs, meetings and publications for the education and enjoyment of our members.
- Oppose censorship with a pledge of active support in local areas where freedoms are attacked.
Click here for a printable copy of our by-laws
Eff. October 25, 2016 please note the by-laws were changed as follows: It was voted to change Article VIII, Section 4 meeting times from 3 to 2. Article 9, Section 3 change quorum from 20% to 5% for required votes to pass.
We invite you to join us.
OLA isn't just for librarians!|
Anyone with a love of libraries us welcome!
Contact us today for membership information,
in care of Diane Loomis at email@example.com
Or, fill out this form.